Crispy Roast Chicken with Drip-Tray Vegetables: Everyone loves to eat crispy roast chicken but did you know that it is really easy to roast chicken to perfection with that oh-so-crispy skin on the outside and tender juicy meat on the inside?
That’s why I usually never like to order roast chicken when dining out at restaurants, because you can easily cook it at home. I would rather order something else that is not as easy to do at home.
GRAB OUR HERITAGE HAWKER DELIGHTS COOKBOOK + EBOOK BUNDLED DEAL FOR JUST $44.85 (U.P. $54.80)
With Christmas just around the corner, I’ve already been planning what to cook for this year (see my eCookBook and you will know what’s on the menu!). My family has never liked to eat turkey as we find it quite dry. So I decided to do a Christmas edition of my signature crispy roast chicken recipe, but simply adding a twist of festively coloured vegetable medley to complete the dish! Not only does the natural sweetness of the vegetables complement the savoury-ness of the chicken, the brightly coloured vegetable medley makes this dish look so festive! It would make a perfect addition to that Christmas menu that you have been planning!
Not received your FREE Christmas eCookbook yet? Grab yours today by signing up here!
Note: For Special Diets, please read the notes at the bottom for suggested modifications.
Suggested Modifications for Special Diets
- Baby/Toddler-Friendly: Cut out the drumstick and remove the skin if you prefer for toddlers from 1 year old onwards. You can use less or no oil for their portion of vegetables, or simple moisten it with some breastmilk or formula after cooking.
- Child-Friendly: Cut out the drumstick and remove the skin if you prefer. Kids will love the pumpkin, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Egg-Free: No modifications needed.
- Fish-Free: No modifications needed.
- Gluten-Free: Replace soya sauce with gluten-free soya sauce.
- Nut-Free: No modifications needed.
- Shellfish-Free: No modifications needed.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click the link and make a purchase, we receive a small commission that helps us keep this blog running. But we will only link to items that we would consider buying ourselves or recommending to friends.
If you enjoyed this Crispy Roast Chicken with Mediterranean Medley of Vegetables Recipe, you may also like:
See also our most-read recipes and how-to cooking tips:
- How to Choose Broccoli
- Old-School Hainanese Pork Chop Recipe
- Fried Oyster Omelette (Or Luah) Recipe
- The 10 Things You MUST Know About Choosing the Freshest Fish
- Chinese Crispy Roast Pork Belly Recipe
- Chinese Steamed Egg with Minced Meat (蒸水蛋) Recipe
- [Video] How to make Egg Mayo in Toasted Bread Cups
- [Video] Kitchen Hack to Pack and Freeze Prawns Quickly
|About The Burning Kitchen|
Hi! We are Bee Leng and Melissa, the mother-daughter team behind The Burning Kitchen. We love home cooking and we love sharing our family’s recipes with the world. We only ever share proven recipes that we have perfected ourselves, and which we write-up from scratch (no hidden steps, no secret sauces). And the best part is: our recipes are full of fantastic, and often, surprisingly easy tips from years of experience, that is bound to improve your cooking regardless of your current level! Read more.