Egg Mayo Toast Cups is a quick and easy snack that you can whip up in 25 minutes, using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!
Egg Mayo Toast Cups is a really easy finger food to prepare for a small gathering. To demonstrate how easy it is, we have a 1-minute video to demonstrate the process of making the toast cups and the egg mayo, and how to put this delicious snack together in no time! The best part of all, you can make this recipe with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!
GRAB OUR HERITAGE HAWKER DELIGHTS COOKBOOK + EBOOK BUNDLED DEAL FOR JUST $44.85 (U.P. $54.80)
I learnt this simple recipe from my sister-in-law years ago when my family was invited to her house for a Christmas party. Ever since, almost every Christmas gathering, this Egg Mayo Toast Cup (or a variation of it) is served as our starter. See also our recipe for Easy Chicken Salad in Toasted Bread Cup for another variation of this recipe!
Just a little tip, if you want the toast cup to be light and crispy, don’t over-compress the toast cup until it become too compacted. Just compress it enough so that the toast cup will hold its shape. Also, if you want the bottom to be crispy as well, don’t forget to turn the toast cup over to bake for a few more minutes until golden browns!
Suggested Modifications for Special Diets
- Child-Friendly: No modifications needed.
- Fish-Free: No modifications needed.
- Nut-Free: No modifications needed.
- Shellfish-Free: No modifications needed.
- Vegetarian: No modifications needed
Egg Mayo Toast Cups
- 5-6 Eggs Depending on size of eggs
- 8 slices Bread
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 dash Pepper To taste
For the Egg Mayo
- Put the eggs in a pot with the water covering 2 inches above the eggs and add a pinch of salt, spreading the salt over the eggs. Boil over low heat for about 15 mins until cooked. Remove the shell and dice the egg.
- Add the mayonnaise and salt to the egg mixture
For the Toast Cups
- Slice off the brown edges from the white bread.
- Place a slice of bread and press into a cupcake mould.
- Trim off all the corners that stick out of the edge of the cup. Make sure the base of the mould is lined with bread to form the shape of a cup. One slice of bread makes one bread cup. Repeat this process until all the bread is used up.
- Place the bread cups on a rack and put in the oven to bake for about 10 mins at 160*C until it is gold brown. If the bottom of the bread is not crispy, remove it from the mould, invert it and put back into the oven to bake for another 2-3 mins until golden brown.
Assembling the Egg Mayo Toast Cups
- When ready to serve, spoon a small mound of the egg mayo mixture into the toast cup
- Top with pepper and garnishing
Hope you enjoyed this easy and delicious recipe! Before you go, why not check out our Recipe Index for more yummy recipes! And don’t forget to leave me a comment below, because I wanna hear from you!