Watch this useful tutorial on how to effortlessly pack and freeze prawns so it saves space and is easy to retrieve in small batches!
GRAB OUR HERITAGE HAWKER DELIGHTS COOKBOOK + EBOOK BUNDLED DEAL FOR JUST $44.85 (U.P. $54.80)
- Cut off the edges of a small food storage plastic bag to use as liners
- Cut of the sharp poisonous tips at the head and tail of the prawn. Be careful not to get pricked
- Do not wash the prawns, otherwise the prawns will lose their natural sweetness when it is thawed.
- Layer prawns in a take out box.
- Use a liner in between the layers to prevent the prawns from sticking together into a huge clump. You will thank me later when you want to take out small batches of prawns to cook.
- Alternate the head direction of the prawns for each layer for maximum packing efficiency and space utilisation
- 1 box can fit 12-18 large/medium sized prawns
- Now you can store the prawns in your freezer for up to 4 weeks.