Last updated: 27 February 2017
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including but not limited to your e-mail addresses and user name.
Information from Third-Party Sources
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit www.theburningkitchen.com by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit our Website. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
(a) To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site.
(b) To help us customize the content, website experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
(c) To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our sites.
Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of Advertising
The Burning Kitchen is committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your related searches, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests. For information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and ad serving partners please visit http://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy–policy
We do NOT share your personal information (such as email addresses) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
We allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites, and (2) advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different Web sites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
How we use your information
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
The Burning Kitchen may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring Web sites. If you were referred to The Burning Kitchen from another Web site, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and buying preferences, about you with that referring Web site. We have not placed limitations on the referring Web sites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Web site that referred you to The Burning Kitchen.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media Web sites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media web sites.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can update your contact information by clicking on the ‘update my preferences’ link in every email that we send you.
Consent and withdrawal of consent
When you provide us with personal information, for example to join our mailing list, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by modifying your email subscription choices at any time through the link available on each of our emails to you.
How we protect your information
We are committed to protecting the information we collect, and have implemented appropriate security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we employ systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.