6 Dec 2016 Update: NTUC Online is no longer available on Shopback as of 1 Dec 2016.
Do you use ShopBack for Online Grocery Shopping?
Firstly you can save so much time by just going online to choose your items from the comfort of home (and you can even save your grocery list for next time) and secondly, you don’t have the hassle of struggling home with bags and bags of heavy groceries, because you can get the items delivered right to the doorstep for free (as long as you meet the minimum spend)!
So when I was recently invited to review ShopBack Singapore – a popular shopping rewards website that rewards shoppers with cashback (cash deposited straight into your bank account), I was excited to find that they work with merchants like HonestBee, Fairprice Online, Lazada and Naiise where you can get cashback for spending on groceries (which you would need to buy on a regular basis anyway), kitchen appliances and cool homeware. Here’s a quick comparison of the cashback rates that I compiled from the website:
GRAB OUR HERITAGE HAWKER DELIGHTS COOKBOOK + EBOOK BUNDLED DEAL FOR JUST $44.85 (U.P. $54.80)
Cashback Rates Comparison
- 4% Cashback with min spend of $60 for New Customers
- 2% Cashback with min spend of $60 for Existing Customers
- Note that this cashback is ON TOP OF the 1.3% savings you get when using your Plus! Card (which you can also use for online purchases), so in total you are effectively getting 3.3% savings on your grocery bill every single week, so the savings can really add up to quite a bit!
- 4% Cashback for New Customers
- 2% Cashback for Existing Customers
- 12% Cashback on Wines and Spirits
- 4% Cashback on Electronics (including Home Appliances) for New Customers
- 2% Cashback on Electronics (including Home Appliances) for Existing Customers
- 7% Cashback for New Customers
- 5% Cashback for Existing Customers
- 11.11 Exclusive: 10% off store wide (expires on 31 Dec 2016 23:59)Coupon Code : SBNAIISE
I thought it would be nice if ShopBack could work with a few more grocery retailers like Giant Online and Redmart in future, because that would offer ShopBack shoppers a wider range of groceries, but for now, perhaps you can try out ShopBack when you are thinking of your next online grocery purchase.
How does the CashBack work?
In case you are wondering (just like I did) how ShopBack is able to give you cashback on your purchases, the answer is simple. Essentially when you shop through ShopBack, the merchants pay ShopBack a commission, which they then share with you – the shopper. That’s how they are able to give you cashback on your purchase. You can request for the cashback to be paid out in CASH into your designated bank account once you reach a minimum redeemable cashback of $10. Here’s a video showing how CashBack works when shopping on Lazada as an example:
Coupons and Vouchers
On top of cashback, ShopBack also provides exclusive promo codes and coupons. This means you can look for a Fairprice Online promo code or save with a Lazada voucher code. So be sure to look for the latest online shopping coupons here before starting your shopping trip to maximise your savings!
I would like to thank ShopBack for inviting me to review their website.